Image defect that occurs with some inkjet printers and some papers. It is a phenomenon where, when paper is viewed from an angle, part of the image seems to disappear or taking on a uniform tone in appearance. It occurs because of some of the ink laid on the paper is not properly absorbed into the coating, instead sitting on top of the page. The effect is only visible from an angle and is generally not a real problem in practical contexts, however when visible it is quite unattractive.

Located in: Glossary